So...I went on hiatus.
From all social media.
For all of July.
And the first week of August.
BEST. IDEA. EVER!
Here's what I learned:
- Hi. My name is Larri. I'm a social media addict.
- It took me two full weeks to stop looking at Twitter. It was another 10 days before I ceased pulling up Pinterest. I'm so glad I don't have a Facebook page.
- I had a lofty goal to read through my Bible in 31 days.
- Totally didn't happen. I've made it to Joshua.
- Although I didn't come close to my goal, I'm truly excited that several hours of reading His word each day has increased my desire to read Scripture even more.
- Didn't realize how much I'd missed that, or gotten away from the desire until my hiatus.
- My hiatus refreshed my creativity.
- I sewed & sewed & sewed.
- Cue the angels' chorus.
I have lots of sewing projects to share; however, I've just returned from the beach...which is why my scheduled hiatus was held over for an extra week. No WiFi at Neptune's Folly gave us opportunity to have an old-fashioned, electronics-free vacation. We enjoyed the slow life & sunrises, but returned a couple of days early. A boy was bitten by a shark near where we were splashing around in the ocean. Kinda squelched our desire to ride any waves after that. Oh, and the little guy will thankfully be okay.
Here's yesterday's beautiful sunrise....
I'll get my sewing snaps ready today & have a post for you this weekend. I sure have missed y'all, and look forward to catching up with each of you & your blogs.
What have you been up to this last month?
Happy Friday, friends!