I finished my first quilt!
It's just a small one; however, for me, it's a good first venture in quilt making.
Here's what I learned:
- It's definitely good to start small. If I had started with even a crib quilt, I think I would have become frustrated,and not finished.
- It's better to mark your ¼-inch line on your sewing machine rather than eyeballing it. My squares are a bit wonky. I'll know for next time.
- It takes a long time to quilt! I cannot even fathom quilting by hand. I would never accomplish a complete quilt!
- I can lose weight quilting...I forgot to eat today! This is good...very, very good.
- Quilting makes dinner an EMFH Event ...Every Man For Himself...find what you can in the cupboards and eat what you want, even Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Sandwiches. I don't care, cause I'm quilting!
- I need to take a class and learn how to quilt properly.
All in all, I'm glad I made this quilt. I want to make another, and another, and another. I hope to become a great quilter like all my blogging friends, and especially like my friend, Lisa. Oh my! She makes some gorgeous quilts. She learned from the best...her grandmother. :o)
Leave me a comment and give me some tips, please. Happy Sewing & Quilting! :o)